1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow to buy for ATV?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by metalmaker02, Jul 26, 2015.

1. metalmaker02

metalmaker02 Junior Member

I am new to the snow business. Have done commercial mowing for last 10 years and have been able to pick up several snow accounts due to that. I have a blade for my truck but and looking at a blade for my 2003 Honda 350 Rancher ES to do walks and areas the truck can't do. I have looked at a 54" Warn Provantage blade with a mid mount, winch, and powered blade angle for about $1100. Have looked at a 60" Eagle blade with a front mount, winch, and manual blade angle for $700 and have looked at a 50" Meyer Path pro with a mid mount, winch, and manual blade angle for $1100.
    The Meyer blade seems to be the best built plus have a local dealer. I like the Warn blade having the power angle but the center mount looks a little light to me. The Eagle blade seems to be built pretty well but am concerned if the front mount is strong enough.
    Looking for some insight and advice before I lay down the $$$.

2. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

I have a 50inch warn provantage front mount on my 2013 kingquad 750, plows snow very well. I paid 375 for the entire setup

3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Due you want power angle from the seat or can you live without it?

Power angle means $$$$

Answer that then can tell you which plow would be better

4. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

I've had an Eagle plow for about 4-5 years now and haven't had any problems with it. Here's a pic of the front mounting plate, it's pretty heavy steel. I was lucky enough to get a free 12 volt actuator and made my own power angle which has worked really well the past 2 years.

2015-09-03 16.21.13.jpg

2015-09-03 16.21.13.jpg

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I always used Cycle Country and have been happy.