1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Plow Raising mount do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Feb 1, 2005.

?

Which Plow Raising mount do you prefer?

1. Chain (Western/Fisher etc)

27 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. lift cylinder (boss)

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Blizzard/SnowWay style

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Which Plow Raising mount do you prefer? I prefer the chain.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I like the chain, gives the plow a nice rugged look :D

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

If there was such a thing as a chain AND a power down feature I would be so on top of that!!

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I don't really know. Have only had the snoway so far. I like the lack of the "chain slap" though. Sure I have a few more hydraulic hoses, but I can deal with it.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i can always repair a chain in the middle of the night i like to keep it simple

6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

True That!

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I hated the old school chain setups. the new fisher I have though dosnt have the bounce and all that so there goes my only real complaint.

There are pros and cons to each side and IMO I couldcare less one way or another. A chain is a bit easier to "short chain" if you have a problem but IIRC all the cylinder modles employ pins or other means to keep the blade locked up if you lose lifting ability. But then you gota try to line up pins pushing up into a snow bank and such.......