1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow pushes the most snow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Kenyou, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi guys.
    Can you tell me which plow can push the most snow? I thought a V plow was the best for getting it from point A to point B and then I heard that the Blizzard was better than a V moving snow. Then there is the plows with wings. I need a professional opinion.
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I can say a 7 1/2 V pushes more snow than a 7 1/2 strait blade.

and NO not all decisions.
  3. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

the biggest one
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

This could start a war:eek:
  5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Its all in how good you are with your techniques! keep practicing!
  6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

only red blades can carry the most snow

yellow blades, snow cant tell the differnce since it blends in with the snow so well, the snow will avoid the plow not realizing what is happening.
  8. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

The honest answer... a snow pusher pushes or carries the most snow, and the bigger the more snow. If you are trying to compare a v-plow to a power plow like blizzard or the wideout....well to each his own.
    Are you looking to carry snow long distances? Meaning do you have a large lot where all the snow has to go in one corner?
    Are you talking driveways, appartment complexes, strip malls, shopping centers, malls???
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

'Cept they don't show any snow in front of the blades. :confused: :confused:

And yes, pictures can lie, ever heard of Photoshop? Math doesn't lie, you just have to determine the measurements.

Snowmatt is correct, a pusher carries the most snow.
  10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Mark i think we can all agree this will be an endless debate to each his own i guess :salute:
  11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

CD is right on the money. It comes with PRACTICE.
  12. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

sorry. hate to burst your bubble but its hard for a red blade to hold anything when it lays over everytime the wind blows. lol. honestly any expandable wing plow will hold the most snow. they can also get it from point a to point b just like a v will. if you want something that will move the most in one pass look at the fisher XLS
  13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

What happens then with blizzards white blades?
  14. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

the wind bounces off it and the blizzard calls it a dirty name.
  15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

it blows thw snow away
  16. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

17. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

That guy that has the pictures of two plows had some good pictures But you cannot compare the two he has!!!!!!! 9'2"V with wings is quite a bit bigger than the speed wing!!!!!! DAAAA!!!!!!!! Do the actual measurement on paper! It like calculating the capacity of a bucket. 8'2" v will not touch some blades with just wings on it. Either way 8'v, 9'v, 810, or speed wing will get the job done! If you want to really hold some snow buy a protech compact pusher and put it on your truck. In my opinion I feel that the wider the better in OH.
  18. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Talk about comparing apples to oranges. If you compare a huge V-plow with add-on wings, it isn't really fair to compare it to a smaller Speedwing. Compare a non-modified 9'2" Vee to a stock 810 then push them donw a parking lot. Then see who cleared a bigger path. The Vee will obviously hold an enormous amount of snow in front of it, but at the expense of getting narrower. Even with the add-on wings it would probably end up narrower in full scoop, wouldn't it?

Not really worth arguing about, they both will do the job and do it well. And better than a straight blade. But straight blades get the job done too.

Personally I don't think I ever even saw a red blade around here until very recent years. They still haven't got a real hold on the market IMO. Here in the Northeast when people think snowplow, they think Fisher. Probably fair to say 90% of the plow trucks around here have Fishers. It's only those who actually do comparison shopping that would consider anything else. I've looked at new red blades, saw some features on a Western I liked and some things I didn't like. Didn't see anything spectaculer about the Boss. I would say the red blades are obviously better constructed than either the orange blades and the non-Fisher yellow ones.

My 810 does a great job for me. I think if I had money to burn I'd replace it with a big Fisher V-plow. I think I've run into only a handful of situations where the vee would have helped me break through things that a straight or power plow just wants to bounce off of. And I think the narrower scoop mode would still be good enough for cleaning up the windrows I have to chase.
  19. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

We just use 2 trucks to make a 16' v plow to move snow from a to b. Disclaimer:It should only be attempted by highly skilled professionals or hillbillies with beater trucks that aren't afraid of body damage. I think that is more effective than any v-plow or blizzard. I would think that a v-plow in scoop would move more snow that a speedwing or wideout the same size. The bigger the better.
  20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You would think, but then you'd be wrong. It's simple math to figure it out.