1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which plow mount is on this truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kranker022, Oct 9, 2012.

1. kranker022

kranker022 Junior Member

Hello Everyone!

I am nowhere near a super experienced snow guy. I have always worked during the winter somewhere else and pushed a few lots when I could. I have only had a dodge with a western unimount, so thats the only mount I recognize.

HOWEVER

I Just bought another dodge ram 2500 off of CL and to my surprise when I showed up it had a plow mount with all of the wiring and whatnot. Problem is that I have no idea what kind of mount it is. The controller in the cab says FISHER on it but someone told me that the fisher and western controllers are interchangable... so im lost.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH KIND OF PLOW MOUNT THIS IS? PICS ARE BELOW.

THANKS SO MUCH

2012-10-09_18-25-59_730.jpg

2012-10-09_18-26-10_155.jpg

2012-10-09_18-26-19_587.jpg

2012-10-09_18-26-40_445.jpg

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Its a Fisher for sure. Whether it's a MM1 or MM2 I'm not sure.

3. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

Yup fisher mm1. Fisher and western r 1 in the same. Same company makes both. Wiring, controllers, isolation modules are the same. Mounts and plow itself are slightly different.

4. kranker022

kranker022 Junior Member

well i guess my next question is how to find a plow for it. I did a craigslist search for fisher plows and see a lot.. but none of them say which kind of mount they are for. I understand calling them and what not would solve that.. but without sounding like a dummy do I just tell them i have a truck with a MM1 mount andf if that plow would fit?

THANKS

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

It's going to be an old plow if it's a MM1. My 04 Fisher is already MM2. I wouldn't think there would still be a lot around, most of them will be MM2.

6. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

you have mm1 push plates. they will work with a mm2 just fine. question is, how many plugs do you have hanging out of the front of your truck, 2 or 3?

7. kranker022

kranker022 Junior Member

I see 2 connectors. One is a mounted female plug with 2 holes in it. The other is a female 11 hole one.. but that is actually plugged into another adapter which is a 3 prong male that fits inside it...

Any help?

And yes it is an older truck. A 2000 dodge ram 2500. It was an old dpw truck that I bought from an auction. For $1,100 and 85000 miles I thought it was worth a shot as a decent work truck.

Thanks so much for the help you guys...

8. ram_tough2001

you have a 3 plug setup, which will work with an upgraded mm1 plow, or a newer mm2 plow. i have a 2001 ram myself, and have a brand new mm2(and wiring) on mm1 push plates.

9. kranker022

kranker022 Junior Member

So are the 2 plugs that are plugged into eachother currently...plug into seperate connections on the plow side? Also...obviously i have never messed with the fisher brand...any advice in buying a fisher? I plan on buying used. 7.5 foot..

10. ram_tough2001

you have a 2500, go with a minimum of an 8 foot plow. you wont regret it!

yes, the ones that are plugged into one another, plug into seperate plugs on the plow.