1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which plow is this

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by champlainl, Feb 19, 2011.

1. champlainl

champlainl Member

looking at a used western plow, owner not sure which model it is as he bought it a couple of years ago used from dealer,pictures show 4 trip springs on back of blade. Guy says its about 4-5 years old. List on CL in rochester ny for 2300 bucks, looks nice in pics, is his pricing way 2 high? Comes with truckmount and everything. Any help would be appreciated

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

The pix would be a big help.

3. champlainl

champlainl Member

forgot how,pic is stored in my pics but forgot how to post on here

4. champlainl

champlainl Member

hmmm

if you look in my profile its in my album

5. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

4 trip springs? pro plus?

6. champlainl

champlainl Member

I was thinking that, but not sure

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Click on "go advance". On the top bar right after the "smiley face", you will see a "paper clip". This is the "attachments". Click on the down arrow, and "manage attachments" box will pop up. The attachment key on the bottom on the manage attachments will show the, file type, max file size, max width, max height.Click "browse " and navigate to were the pictures you want to post. Click on the name of the picture, then click "upload".. After your done uploading "X" out, click the paper clip and you will see your picture(s) file name. Either select one at a time, or select all to your post..

You said the guy said the plow is 4-5 years old!

As for the plow, with (4) "trip springs", it sounds like a Ultra Mount Steel Pro..

On the other hand he might of had it for 4-5 years and brought if off of some one else, then it could be a Unimount steel pro.. Not sure until you upload the pictures to the post..

Best to show the pictures to make sure

Uni pro

upro.jpg

Ultra pro

ultpro.jpg

upro.jpg

ultpro.jpg

8. champlainl

champlainl Member

can't

tried what you said but being on craigslist, photos not allowed to this site

9. champlainl

champlainl Member

unimount

guy did say it was a unimount, the pics are posted in my profile(album)

10. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Right click on the image and hit "copy image location".

Post a reply and then hit the insert photo button above (yellow box with the mountain in it) and paste in the address and it will appear here.

11. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/2217426781.html

If you are talking about this plow, its a Western Unimount Pro plow. Looks to be in really nice shape for its age. It must be at least ten years old, since they stopped making unimounts in the early 2000's I believe. I think his price is a little high for the age of the plow, but with its condition, mount, wiring, controller the price isn't horrible. I paid 2000 for an identical plow in great shape with all the mounts, wiring, and controller 2 years ago.

Looks like it may need a new cutting edge. It's very worn down on the corners in the picture of the truck, which will give it a poor scrape.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  12. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

13. champlainl

champlainl Member

thank you, guys

14. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

before you decide to buy this plow, make sure your truck can handle the weight and the right size for your truck

15. champlainl

champlainl Member

same truck

my trucks front end has timbrens and its the last good year for the f150 and it has torsion bars,which can be adjusted if neeed

16. champlainl

champlainl Member

switched to another

Forget about the western, instead I bought a fisher MM, with SEHP pump,bought set up used only one problem it came off 99 dodge ram 1500 and the truckside harness I think is different than the harness for my ford f150,this system has the relay bar no module, does anyone know the proper harness for a 2004 f150 heritage, I checked fisher website and all I found was the harness for the module(newer style), nothing on the relay harness? I guess it has HB5 headlights.thanks

17. champlainl

champlainl Member

dodge harness

the tag on the dodge harness is 26027,is that the same s the ford as many western/fisher parts are interchangeable? thanks