1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow is least expensive

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Jeepster4x4, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Jeepster4x4

Jeepster4x4 Junior Member

ok i seriously want to get a plow soon for my jeep wrangler and of all the plows meyer,fisher,western,snoway,boss,.... which is the cheapest on average brand new
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would see what dealer is closest and how their reputation is before I would shpp by price.JMO
    Price isn't everything.
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

isn't just what it costs it is how long it can last and what may go wrong that cost money.
    so buy a fisher.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Maybe Snowbear.

BUT... You get what you pay for. And with a plow - pay now or pay later.
  5. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I have never bought a plow brand new, but my little Meyer has held up fantastic for the amount of plowing it has done.
  6. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

7. Jeepster4x4

thanks guys i understand that!!! haha i always see meyers on jeeps but i always hear soo much crap about them and i cant find a used plow at a decent price I JUST WANNA PLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

do you have a jeepster?
  9. Jeepster4x4

i have a 2000 jeep wrangler sport 4.0l
  10. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

It's a Jeep thing! Your rite, there are two other Cherokee's that I see regularly running Mini Meyers.
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Then why the Jeepster tag? I though maybe you had a Commando
  12. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Why do U ask whats the cheapest? Are You not willing to spend the $$ to get a good plow? I myself ahve shopped according to price and got stung evry single time. You'll learn that the big companies (plow manufacterers) have bean counters sitting behind desks that wiegh out quality vs. investment issues. Ya know what, they're a heck of alot better at it than u or I ever will be! You WILL always get what U paY FOR!
    The cheapest plow? well letsee 1st ya get 2 pieces of plywood... ya see the point I'm making? I'm not trying to be an azz, sometimes it just comes to me naturally! LOL
    But seriously more your question should be: Whats the best plow for the money on the type of accts I'm considering doing?
    Go w/ a name brand that you can easily get parts for. I prefer Western products myself. But everyone will have an opinion.
    PS: I've gotten away from the shop "by price" habit and now shop "the best I can afford" habit.
  13. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I am going to guess the one that costs the least!!!! JK:jester:

What's wrong with used??? Lots of guys jump in and jump out of plowing so you can shop and save if $$$'s are the big question. Just my .02

I got a 7-6 Boss super duty off ebay, a guy had used it on his farm drive (1/2 mile, stone) and just didn't want it any more and wanted to turn it into cash......bought it in the summer, bought a tune up.......TADa

The local dealer swaped the Ford mount for a Chevy for free

It came with wireing and control. I bought the bolts, printed a manual off Boss site
  14. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

the cheapest would be the snosport but it has no pump or it dosnt angle if you get alot of snow i would go with something else because price isnt everything check your local dealers snoway would make a good plow for your jeep
  15. Jeepster4x4

thanks for all your opinions guys.. the reason im asking for brand new is because ive been looking for a used plow everywhere and its not happening so i might as well save and buy brand new over the summer might be the best time. and yes we get alot of snow here so i need one that angles and raises im gonna start off with driveways and my works parking lot and then hopefully onto more lots