1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow is better for drive-ways

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Tim C, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

two trucks-- 1994 bronco xlt with 7.5 diamond plow. 116,364mi,302-5.0 body is mint,no rust. 8995.00
    1997 F-250 heavy duty with 8' fisher with minute
    mount ,351-5.8. 73,000 body in excellent shape. 12995.00

I want to start plowing this season. Which is the better of the two
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

For driveways,the bronco is much better,but if these are your choices,and you can afford the F250,ID buy that instead,its newer,heavier,and has much less mileage on it,it should last m,uch longer as a plow truck than the bronco.So do with the best you can afford,you will regret it later if you dont,the bronco's cheaper up front price will be ate up by nickel and diming you to death,since its older/higher mileage,and lighter duty.Good luck
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

That heavy diamond plow will eat up whatever is left of the TIB front suspension.
    The fisher plow will really do a number on the TTB of the F -250, yet of those two choices the F-250 is a better deal. Just keep up the maint. on the TTB, or in a few years you will have a huge rebuild price.
  4. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

The best plow I have found for driveways is the Snoway Rear Plow no more inefficiant back draging for me. Besides it dosn't do half as good of a job as my rear plow.
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

If you're planning on commercial plowing, I'd go with the F-250, it will hold up better as the others have said. If you purchase it, do yourself a favor and get a set of Timbren load boosters for the front axle. Make sure you service the transmission regularly too, they're not a real strong unit.
  6. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I definitly go with the F250. That Diamond is way to heavy to be on the front end of that Bronco and will probably turn out to be costly in the future. The F250 should handle that 8' Fisher fine, especially since it doesn't have the added weight of a diesel.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

id go with the 250 if the bronco has seen alot of plowing

the front end is probaly worn out

cardoctor:salute: :salute:
  8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Out of the two trucks you posted.Go with the F250.

I'd do some more looking for a truck with a short wheelbase and a solid front axle.1980-87 GM P\U or blazer maybe.