1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow is best

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by anj4ever6236, Nov 16, 2009.

1. hi am new here and wanted to know which plow to go with purchasing one this week but need help. I have a 2000 chevy silverado 1500 5.3 v8 4wd
    Western hts
    western midweigth
    or blizzard lt? any other plows recomended would be great thanks
  2. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I had a 2001 1500 chevy and went with a 7'6" boss standard duty ploy and loved. I bought the boss 1st of all because I had no help to mount and dismount it and it was super easy to do it by yourself. 2nd it is very durable and out lasted a friends western the only reason I got rid of it was because I have a 2007 2500 and the plow was to small when angled to cover the front so got a 8'2" boss ploy v xt this year and can't wait to try it out hope this helps
  3. Thanks for the respones I love boss plows but do not want to get because the service place is about 2 hours away maybe less? and western and blizzard just a 20 drive 40 tops depending on traffic.
  4. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I had it for 4 years and the only time i had to go to the dealer was to have it swop to the new truck if you go to boss snowplow.com go to dealer locator and type in your zip if you didn't do that yet there is a couple close to you there is one in glenview and 1 in welmet.
  5. wow really I called the boss number and told me it was far? well ill check it out thanks.
  6. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

johns garage in G-view services boss plows...
  7. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

Since you are using a half-ton truck, try to stick with the lighter plows. I don't think you'd go wrong with a Boss, but if you are only plowing 2 driveways it's a lot of coin to drop. If you are doing a lot of commercial plowing, the upfront investment for good machinery is well worth every penny.
  8. Ok. ill be plowing about 2 driveways and 4-5? parking lots. I was thinking about the 7 1/2 western midweigth what do u guys think?
  9. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

That's a good choice for smaller parking lots where you don't need to carry a lot of snow long distances for stacking. It's not going to give you the weight penalty of the big v-plows, but it won't move snow like them either. The place a 7.5 plow starts to hurt you is turning while plowing because you'll always be running over the windrow you just pushed. The short plows only just barely get the snow out past the track of the vehicle. It's not a big deal, it just means you'll spend a little more time cleaning up.
  10. Yea I understand thanks I mean most accounts won't take longer than 40 min tops.