1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which plow? GMC 3500 crew cab dually

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jason Hammond, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Jason Hammond

Jason Hammond Junior Member
    from 05401

i have a 1997 crew cab dually gmc with the 454 big block. i know the truck is a little big to plow with but it is all i got. was wondering what plow and what with you would recommend to put on it. any info would be nice, Jason
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

go with a boss 9'2V. youll need the width while angled to clear the back tires. That truck will move snow. hope your not doing driveways lol
  3. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

if your going to buy brand new.

snoway megablade series
    fisher. SS xtreme V
    western MVP
  4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

:nod: i would also look at the fisher xls and the western wide out.

More importantly find a good dealer and buy what they sell you. a bad plow with a great dealer is better than a great plow with a bad dealer....
  5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

get a big minute mount. you can get them fairly cheap used and they're good plows.
  6. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Getting an 810 put on my 1994 3500HD its only 2 wheel drive but with the V-box on back and decent tires I did fine last year with a Big Meyer
  7. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

You will want something that is 9.5 to 10 ft to cover your tracks. I plow with a 04' f-350 crew cab dually. It makes a great plow truck but you want big open spaces. They suck to turn, but can push a lot of snow. I have a 8' blade with custom full height wings that I made that makes it a 10' plow, looks like a blizzard in scoop mode but 10' wide.
  8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Mega ! Mega ! Mega !

Oh Wait I ment- Toga ! Toga ! Toga ! :drinkup:

Ha ha , kiding aside 9' min. for that big girl.
    A Blizzard 8611 LoPro would be a nice plow for clearing parking lots quick. If you get big snow or nasty drifts alot a 9' v with wings for busting threw might suit ya better.
    If your budgets tight, a 9' straight with wings moves snow as well, a lil more cumbersome though.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Snoway Revolution would be a nice fit:nod:
  10. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with the xls. besides, plows with yellow paint wont rust as fast as ones with red paint! :D lol
  11. Jason Hammond

Jason Hammond Junior Member
    from 05401

thanks for the quick response guys, so i decided to look for a used plow that is at liest 9' wide, there are a few around in the area that i will take a look at, thanks
  12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Well if your going use, just make sure that plow is 9ft long! You need that width so that your rear wheels dont run over your windrow!:waving: