1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow for F350

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Boycea, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Boycea

Boycea Member
    from MA

I just purchased a 2006 F350 with the 6.0 diesel in it. It is a regular cab with an 8ft bed, sigle rear wheels. I am having the plow installed tomorrow and was just wondering what you suggest. I am leaning towards the fisher x-blade and was just wondering what size you guys would reccommend. I wanted the 8.5' but they do not have it in stock, they only stock the 8' and 9'. Do you guys think that the 9ft would be too big or too heavy for my truck?? I think the 8ft would be too small because I have the large trailer tow mirrors and plow driveways and parking lots and I dont feel i would be able to get close enough to any buildings or other obstacles without hitting my mirrors. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  2. mainebob

mainebob Junior Member
    from maine

i have a 2001 f350 with a fisher hd 8ft and love it. i would not hesitate to go with the 9 ft blade if you are plowing large areas like parking lots the 350 will handle it without a problem.
  3. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Do 8' because 9' it way to big for resi's but 9' would be great for commercial.
  4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

The 810 Blizzard would fit an F350 well wouldn't it?

5. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

I have a Y2K7.3PSD 350 with an 8 and wish I had a 9 sometimes--The only advantage of:redbounce an 8 over a 9 would be if you had to drive in tight areas. If you drive in a city to get to clients some times it's helpful having a smaller blade:redbounce
  6. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I would go with the 9'. size does matter when in a big parking lot. what other plows did you consider. I have a 8.5 foot v plow which works great on the truck, my new one is gettin an 810.
  7. Boycea

Boycea Member
    from MA

I was looking at the blizzard 810, but I purchased the truck from a dealer and he worked the price of a fisher plow into it. I just go to the plow dealer tomorrow and tell him what I want installed on it. It was supposed to come with an 8ft fisher minute mount but I called the plow installer today and he said I can put anything on the truck and I just have to pay the difference.
  8. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

I compromised and put an 8.5' HD Fisher on mine and couldn't be more pleased. Big enough for those bigger lots yets small enough for tight spots.
  9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 05 F-350 crew cab w/6.0 diesel with an 8ft X and wish that I had the 9. Get the 9 and if you don't like it I will swap blades with you and pay the difference in $. I am only about 20 minutes away from you and am Wetboro about once a week.
  10. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

9' is the only way to go. I've had both and wish I would have gone with the 9' again. I ended up with the 8' Poly Pro from Western, but would have gotten a 9' if they made it in Poly.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Did you think about the 8'6 EZ-V I got it on my 2004 F-350 regular cab, I think it is perfect. It will see it's first winter this season. I got it because a lot of other people raved about it and they are doing similar driveways and lots.
    good luck