1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which plow for a 2010 jeep wrangler unlimited, fisher homesteader or snowdogg MD,

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by dcmorgan20, Feb 15, 2012.

1. dcmorgan20

dcmorgan20 Junior Member

I have a jeep 2010 wrangler unlimited, I am looking for a plow for my drive way which is pretty long and big. I am looking at the fisher homesteader or snowdogg md. Any advice on which one, I am worried about the weight on the front end with the snowdogg. Also any advice what what length, the 68 or 75? Thanks everyone
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher 7'4" Homesteader, cylinder lift poly blade full trip.

The Dogg is a chain lift full trip stainless blade, but its a lot heavier. The Fisher weighs in at 250 pounds for the 7'4". The Dogg, I imagine, is much heavier.
  3. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

For what its worth I use a md75 on 2008 Wrangler Unlimited for my 700' driveway and could not be happier.
  4. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Im not sure you can justify the cost difference to buy the fisher. The fisher will easily more than the snow dogg....and the MD is much more rugged... I mean rubber band trip springs?
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012