1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Plow for a 2006 Dakota?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Hookem_9, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Hookem_9

Hookem_9 Junior Member

Which plow best suites the dakota? Been considering getting one. I have a boss plow on my 3/4 ton, but they don't seem to offer one for the Dakota. kind of odd, but a lot of them stop before this year?
  2. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Check Out Snoways. They are by far lighter then most plows and have the Down Pressure which works great for Ice and such. It really is the best plow. Alot of guys using lighter trucks (like my 04 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 4.7V8) love them.

I'd recommend the 26 in 7'6". Add a set of Timbrens for safety if you want... but it should work well for you.
  3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I would agree on the Sno-Way :D

The 26 series with a 7'6" blade would make an excellent choice for you.
  4. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Yep,go with sno-way.I loved mine.
  5. SD40T2

SD40T2 Member

I have a Curtis on my "04 Dakota and it works very well and will bank alot of snow, only problem has been the solanoid other than that no problems.
  6. lawn&snowguy

lawn&snowguy Junior Member

I have a western poly 7.6 on my '05 dakota. It's been on their since '05. works great. keeps up with my big trucks!!
  7. JCplowing

JCplowing Member

i have a 03 dakota v6 quad cab, with a western unimount 6.5ft plow, its the fastest plow ive had on a truck yet, the only problem with the dakota 6cyl is that it has no power and its heavy but i have plowed comerically with it, so it will do the trick for 3500.00 brand new installed not a bad deal!my 2cents