1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow for a 1998 Dodge 3500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by redneckdiesel, Feb 4, 2008.

1. redneckdiesel

redneckdiesel Junior Member

First post on this forum and really like the site. What plow would everyone recommend for my 1998 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel. I do 4 of our family's owned lots. It's not a whole lot of plowing-- takes me about 2 hours for a 4" snow with the 91 Dodge and 7'6 plow. That plow is a completely old school Western and works great but thinking of buying one for the dually. The truck gets used for a lot of towing and farm hauling and driving through hay fields, etc so I would like ease of hooking up and ground clearance. I just want a typical straight blade 8'6 or so. How will the truck do holding the weight up with the cummins?

2. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

For ground clearance i would say western ultra mount. But it really depends on the dealer support in your area. I wouldn't go any smaller then 8'6", your truck will handle it or any larger plow just fine.

3. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I have a 8'2" boss vee on my 3/4 cummins, it handles that just fine. The front may drop about an inch or less, and thats a factory front end, no beef ups or what not.wesport