1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow controller to get

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by sven1277, Aug 18, 2015.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I am replacing two older pre DD 8611lp's with the much loved shoebox controller with new ones. My dealer had three left over from last year for a good price. I'm not sure if I should get the handheld or the joystick. We have a fisher xv2 with the handheld. It works fine but I've been plowing in the same truck with the shoebox for 10 years and I'm not sure which direction to go. I'd love some opinions. Thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Need to make sure the dd controllers will work. I'm not sure they will.

3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Theyre brand new plows, not just the controllers. 86110lp

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok. So it's a dd blizzard correct? Is it a 4 or 6 pin connector? That might be your deciding factor

5. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Yeah they're DD. I'm not sure the pin count. The dealer showed me both controller options.

6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, that would be multiplex with the 4 pin connectors. almost everybody we sell to wants the hand held. but have one or two guys that like the joystick. And I'm talking Western and Blizzard combined. Basically it will boil down to - if you want to mount it somewhere and reach for it all the time, you want the joystick - if you want to hold it in your hand, you want the handheld. :)