1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which plow brand???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lil'PlowinMan93, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

I'm new to the site and i'm buying a truck over winter... Chevy/gmc 1500 4x4... What brand is most common or the best. my two closest dealers supply boss,meyers,sno-way, and i think maybe curtis. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

If those are your 4 choices, I would go in this order: Boss, Snoway, Curtis, and then find another dealer for something else.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

id go meyer curtis boss sno way i been in the buisness since 1985

5. Lil'PlowinMan93

Yeah i really like the boss's. My neighbor has an f-250 super duty with a boss super duty straight blade. I swear it's the easiest to line up and it hitches up so quick!

6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

of course you do you work for snoway..
    Just for a change i think you should recommend a boss or a fisher.

both very nice plows.
    and the headgear looks good on them. :jester::p

7. Lil'PlowinMan93

bump........

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What kind of prices are they giving you? What are you going to plow?

9. Lil'PlowinMan93

I really haven't looked at prices considering i don't have a truck. I'll be plowin mostly residential...maybe some restaurant or small biz parking lots. And i just looked... my dealer also carries western.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  10. TREMEK

TREMEK Junior Member

I use a Fisher. I plow in Montreal Quebec We have the worst Roads dump the most salt and it drops to -40C --42F They Take a beating

11. Lil'PlowinMan93

Yeah. My city uses fisher. My dad works as i building inspector and i have been in the garage and they look pretty nicely built.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  12. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

One thing I've noticed is Westerns and Boss's seem to hold up the best finish wise. I've seen others rust pretty bad in the course of a year. A point to consider when it comes to resale.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe a Boss, but as for Fisher, I sold my boat and I shudder at the thought of DD wiring:eek::nono::D:jester:

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

He's got ya there Tom. Even Bri the great yellow plow advocate has recommended a Snoway before. :D

15. Lil'PlowinMan93

Man do i hate seeing rusty old plows. It just irratates me. Thats one thing i have to consider.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Lexen dosen't rust.

17. Lil'PlowinMan93

Haha true. I was prolly going to go the poly route anyway to cut down on weight.

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That only works if you purchase a Snoway. The other brands poly plows are HEAVIER than their same comparable steel plow.

19. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Well then Sno-Way should be high on your list to consider as competitive poly plows are actually heavier than their steel models of comparable size.

20. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh like B&B said, the poly isnt much lighter, and even then, 100 pounds isnt much of a difference.