1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which plow boss or fisher ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by K1500 4x4, Mar 2, 2008.

1. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

i have a 1990 chevy K1500 4x4 short bed reg cab and i plow my own driveway and about 4 others. i had a 1994 dodge ram diesel with a 8ft fisher plow MM1 but taking it on and off wasnt very fun but it was a reliable plow. my friend has a dodge with a boss 7.5 tripedge plow thats almost new and i like how the hydrolics are quick on it but its already got rusted pretty good. my fisher had no rust at all and it was an old plow. but the hydrolics were slow even with new sylinoids. so i would like to see what you guys say i should get i am only looking for a 7.5ft plow like a fisher LD or RD plow or a boss tripedge thats all i need. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I really like Boss straight Blades but i prefer a trip edge v plow. The Boss plows are the fastest hydros on the market. i Know the fisher i use takes about 10 sec to angle either way.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I've used fisher strait blades for 22 years Love them. I wanted a V blade, Boss is the lightest so I got a Boss. I will never use a strait blade ageanpayup.

Boss prose
    V-blade reasonable weight #700

Boss Cons
    HEAVY truck side mount ~#100, mount hangs way down
    full blade trip
    Hydraulic hoses (4) are different thread's cant have 1 hose as spare.
    (V-plow only) need EXPENSIVE Rams to do backdraging
    Parts harder to find (M.O.R.E. wont fit Boss)
    Joy stick is HUGE (I modified the Fisher joy stick to work the Boss V)

Fisher pros
    Trip edge
    Works great for 22 years 2 different plows
    1 hydraulic hose will replace any hose.
    lots of places have parts.
    7 1/2 RD plow is #630 mount is ~#40

Fisher cons
    7 1/2 V is #850 Plus Mount ~50

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

get a fisher

5. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

go for a fisher

6. stroker

stroker Junior Member

I've always run Fisher and have had good luck with them. They'll last about as long as you want them to.

I managed to correct a slow lift and turn with a minor adjustment at the pump on my latest, an MM2.

Parts are usually easy to come by as long as the truck/plow setup isn't too old.
    I've had some issue with finding some older model items over the years but I guess that's to be expected.

The only downside I've found is the MM can be a bit annoying to mount at times unless your able to store it in a garage or on very clear/ stable surface. When the side angle of the truck or plow changes due to ice or snow it's a major pain to line it up again, especially alone.

My .02

7. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

get a 7 1/2 foot fisher mm2

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I've always been partial to Fisher, and I'll recommend them all day long. I understand you can get a 7'6" stainless X, but I don't know what the weight is. Being a 1990, you'll probably have a more rugged front end than the 1/2 tons of today. I'd also choose the RD over the LD for that truck -- you'd have NO trouble at all with it.

9. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

looks like ill be going with a fisher. will the RD be to heavy ? im going to crank my torsion bars by 1 turn to help the sagging issue.

10. Indy

Indy Senior Member

11. Indy

Indy Senior Member

boss

I didn't touch the T bars

12. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

go fisher.

13. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Can't go wrong with a Fisher.

14. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I've plowed about 12,000 driveways with my first Fisher RD.

15. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

i started to look at meyer poly plows with the EZ classic mount i like them because i can detatch the blade and the whole plow assemly. are they any good ?

16. plowman4life

i would only buy a diamond from them. if you want full trip get a western. personally i would say diamond or fisher. look for a chain lift tripedge plow. JMO

17. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

dont do meier the motors dont last any where near as long n there not bult as strong jst look at the mold bord n a frame vry weak :realmad:

also check out western loved tthat blade to but noy as much as blizzard 860swpayup ull see this

ceheck out blizzard love it and its pretty lite cleans extremmly good
    im only gonna run blizzard from now on ussmileyflag

18. plowman4life

dude 9th grade english. lol

19. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Where in Mass are you located?

20. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I've got a real nice 7.5' Diamond Trip Edge plow which would be perfect for your Chevy $2300 COMPLETE with everything!

if your interested call me at 508 753 6617

[​IMG]