1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which one?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Pinzgauer, Dec 9, 2008.

Which one?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2008.
  1. BOSS TGS 600

2 vote(s)
  2. Western Model 500

1 vote(s)
  3. SnowEx Mini Pro SP-575

6 vote(s)
  1. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have to get a small tailgate spreader for some small residential driveways I picked up. I have the option of these 3, all are $1,700.00 installed with a remote cab speed controller.
    Which would you get, please vote.

Thank you .....
  2. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

I would go with the boss I was going to purchase one but found an air flow and could let it pass
  3. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

Just bumping it up
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Are ya :dizzy: ... That's a huge rip off. I got a western 2500 installed for $1,800. Honestly, how big are the driveways, how many and do you have any intention of going commercial.

If your talking big numbers and definite growth then get the 2500 - better capacity, and a $100 bucks more. Otherwise for basic driveways get a rubber wheeled spreader and spread manually. You'll keep more money and in most cases it will be a better job and quicker and you'll have better control over the spread.
  5. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

thanks .. I actually called 4 dealers on each unit and got pretty much the same price from them all. I don't know about your area, but here that's what it seems to be.

I got an updated price on the SnowEx ... turns out the MiniPro needs a gate attachment to run pellets, which brings the cost up to 2K ......... I'll pass.

Given that, I'll get the BOSS TGS600 for 1.7K installed with the standard stand and the variable speed controller.