1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which one !!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bolt-1, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

New here and have done a lot of forum reading. my first post.. First of all. Great site. Glad i found it. !!!!! Well i have plowed with OPE (other peoples equip.) in past years. Helping them when they need an extra driver. This year i've decided to put a plow on my own truck. 04 F-350 SD/SC. Here's my quandary and I'm looking for some input from you all. My choices are as follows... A 2yr old 9' western straight complete to fit my truck. for $2400 but i will pay for install. Or a 2 year old 8' MM Fisher complete for $2500 installed. Both have been gone thru and are in great shape. They will be used for both private and commercial jobs. Thanks...

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the site and I would choose the 9' blade. Just because you are planning on some commercials.

3. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

I would go with the 8' do to clearance issues with private drives. Then when you do comm. accounts, throw some wings on there.

4. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

Welcome and I would agree with both. The 9' will be better for commercials and the 8' will be better for residentials however if the residential drives don't have tight turns or space I would go with the 9'. Between Western and Fisher they are the same, both are designed and manufactured by douglas dynamics. We do private drives with a 9' and have no problem and we also run wings on it in commercial accounts.