1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which one would you recommend- Western, Fisher, Meyer or Pro-tech???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by melon, Mar 21, 2013.

1. melon

melon Junior Member
    from UK

Hi Users,

I'm new here and also new to snow and ice management, so don't know much about it either to be honest....but helping a friend to introduce one of the following brands into Far-East Asia

I would be grateful if you can make some suggestions (from your experience) which one you would recommend doing business with in general, in terms of their product quality and variety of snow management products available?

We've selected the following:
    -Meyer Products
    - Western Plows
    - Fisher Plows
    - Pro-tech

Oh and it's for commercial and municipal use.

I'll appreciate your helpThumbs Up

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. Lockdownd

Lockdownd Junior Member
    from SE Wi

I don't have the experience that most of the guys have here but from my experience and all the research I've done, you can not go wrong with western and fisher. Cheers!
  3. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

well I don't have some of the experience some of the guys do as well but I don't even see you listed what I would choose.

I'm pretty partial to boss. they are extremely easy to remove and connect. and I have seen videos on how the others connect and disconnect but I've never actually used another. they aren't chain lift like most. if you have bumpy roads the blade bounces a lot less than a chain controlled one.

that's my thought anyway. my buddy is the one who got me into boss blades. he did say western is good as well. so not actually knowing myself and trusting my buddy I'd go along with western if boss wasn't available.
  4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I like Hiniker and Boss plows. I have heard good things about Western too.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Western and or fisher but I would add what kinda dealer support and mechanical knowledge do you have
  6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I know Boss and Fisher DEFIANTLY go with FISHER.
  7. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

We all already voted on this the other day. I think we voted that a Fisher trip edge works the best .:cool:
  8. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

I like Hiniker.
  9. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Your talking about shipping a product overseas and selling it there.

Your best bet is to talk to each company and see what the best deal you can get on buying the plows, parts etc... that go with it.
    You might also find out that some companys might not allow you to ship their products overseas.

You better weigh the costs before investing your money and make sure the product will do alright.

There are a lot of things to consider to sell a product overseas.

Just don't jump into it unless you have the money to throw at it in the hopes it will be successful down the road.

On a side note you better have your ducks in a row when doing business overseas for taxs, that is another ballgame.

good luck
  10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

A. Good luck with all those taxes. Fisher, since their pusher is basically an old Pro-Tech, and they make decent plows that can stand up to abuse.
  11. melon

melon Junior Member
    from UK

Thanks for your suggestions. Yep, we're in the research phase at the moment. Actually someone i know has established industrial/mechanical businesses in the far-east and is interested to create some sort of partnership with one of the companies....and to have them manufactured there as well. So it's a bit more complicated, but we're just doing some research for now to figure things out and we've contacted some of the companies.
  12. melon

melon Junior Member
    from UK

Thanks for all your suggestions guys.... just interested to hear your personal choices and suggestions.
    People in the far-east want good quality and sturdy equipment nowadays, since the ones manufactured by Chinese companies aren't so good, and also very limited. Those companies don't provide much services either.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  13. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I agree with the Boss, my previous plow was a Fisher and it lasted 10 years without issues. My current Boss V is 10 years old and still going strong and is easier to hook up and take off than the Fisher. Better controls on the Boss too.

Why didn't you include the Boss plows?
  14. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

protech, support and quality for whatever you buy from them

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Western has never let me down.
  16. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

MM2 or MM1. The MM1s were a b!tch to get on....the MM2s are so simple.
  17. salopez

salopez Senior Member

honostly i would go with Protech. I spent many years in the far east...and well their trucks are very different. so western and fisher, or any plow maker would have to engineer new mounts and maybe some new plows because of the type of plowing there.

protech is simple and would mount the same way over there for heavy equipment and tractors.

so if you want to get up and running fast...protech or any other pusher manufacturer. you could just buy wholesale and sell yourself if you wanted.
  18. melon

melon Junior Member
    from UK

Thanks for your reply, it's interesting to know you have some experience/awareness of plowing in the far-east.
    We are defo aware of the differences in plowing over there, so we would like to help one of the companies to manufacture new types of plows, with a few tweaks (as you mentioned as well). So far, we're only in talks with one company.

The problem is most of the snow management companies that are popular in US and established only distribute in US/Canada, so some aren't ready yet to make a move for the overseas market. But there is one that already has distributors in the far-east so it's a wee-bit easier to ask them. And originally we also preferred Pro-tech, but i guess this is the case for them also.
  19. salopez

salopez Senior Member

good model...i think it will take along time by adding that engineering layer.

reach out to other manufactures...use the kiss model Keep It Super Simple.
  20. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Fisher and western all the way