1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which one is the best?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Nuth, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Nuth

Nuth Junior Member

I'm late to getting the new plow this year :( I've tried to gauge from the posts here which band of plow most Dodge owners use but its a tad hard to determine. So, let me ask:

For an '05 Dodge 2500 CTD, and for residential plowing only, what is the best brand to go with?

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I have an 8'6" western on my 05 2500 QC CTD.

I wouldn't want anything less for commercial. However, for residential, it could be a bit large. However, I have a fairly narrow drive and I plow it just fine.

For the most part I would go with what your local dealer carries. I went with western because my dealer had interest free financing.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a Blizzard 810 on mine, but Western and Boss also make godd plows.

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with a Boss 7'6" or 8'. I think anything bigger than that will be a pain. If you really wanna go fancy for that Dodge, get a Boss trip-edge.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have 3 Dodge 3/4 tons 1. Boss v plow 1. straight Hiniker 1. strait Meyers and I hire another guy but he drives a ford with a western..
    hope this helps lol:waving:

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

It depends on the area- different localities will have a proliferation of a certain brand of plow because there is a plow dealer/ truck dealer business agreement or there is a limited number of makes for plow dealers in the given area.

My immediate local is only a Fisher dealer but in a half hour I can be to a Curtis dealer, Western dealer, or a couple others- 1 hour plus to a Blizzard dealer so there are no Blizzards near me but lots of Fishers and several Westerns and Curtis'.

I have only Fishers personally.

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

For residential plowing only i dont think you need a blizzard 810.I would go with anything 8 foot... fisher ,western, boss all good.

Two major things to think about:

Dealer support.. which is closest? which dealers stock the most parts just incase something does go wrong.You dont want a plow that takes a long time to be repaired because the dealer is so far away.

Trip edge or Full trip... We get a lof of heavy wet snow here i prefer a Trip edge plow. I use Fisher and love it... My father just got a Boss Trip edge but it hasnt really been tested yet(although im pretty sure it will be fine)