1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which one is better?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by elmo1537, Oct 26, 2008.

1. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

I currently own a 10 foot pusher for my skidsteer and I was looking at the blizzard website last night and noticed I could get a blizzard 8611 to put on my skid?

I am thinking the 8611 might be nice because then I can drive the ss to the next job without being over width on the roads. I dont drive it very far most of the time just a few hundred yards at the most.

As far as production which blade do you think would be faster and more versatile?
  2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i wouldnt buy it just for the width.....if you cant negotiate a 10' wide implement you dont need to be running the equipment. (not to sound harsh......but)

i think Mark has a couple of 8611SS on toolcat's and get's along well

if youre gonna buy one make sure you buy it for the productivity and not 'cause the other's too wide :nod:

i think they are verry prouctive, and they are built heavy enough that you won't tear it up easily . but i think they cost between $5-6K :dizzy:

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I own one but have not used it yet. Got it last spring. Like PJ said $5-6 grand, OUCH! I own one only because I found it and a 810 with less than a years worth of use on them for $3500 for both. The joystick that comes with it is pretty aggresive but not bad, it will take some time to get used to it. IT IS HOWEVER THE COOLEST BLADE I HAVE USED ON A SKID STEER! I would love to see blizzard come out with a "1014BB" backhoe blade! LOL!
  4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i didnt realize they come with a differ joystick?....i thought you just used the worktool adapter's (electrical)

can you post up a couple of pic's?
  5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Sure! Mine came with its own joystick with three switches. Its not like the attachment control switch either! Turn aux hydro on and then use thier joystick. The joystick clamps on either your control lever or your cab. I will run out to the shop now and take a pic of it PJ.
  6. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

A new 10' pusher is going to be half the cost of a new blizzard 8611ss and probably more productive because of ease of operation. However I do like the 8611 concept.
  7. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

I believe the 8611 make a 9'6" scoop. That means your pusher would push the same snow if not more.

The main benefit would be the angle feature. That could come in handy sometimes. If you are using the controller a lot, it may slow you down.

$6K is a lot to spend, but if you are trailering the skid much, it would keep you legal.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Things that you need to consider are do you have any tight locations, cause getting a 10ft pusher in might be hard.

I personally would take the blade over the pusher only beacuse I do alot more rolling of snow then I do pushing long pushes of snow to an end pile. Also I have some tight quaters to get into between trailers ect.

That blizzard is big money. What about just a blade with wings? Cost alot less?