1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which one is better?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mainerenegade, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mainerenegade

mainerenegade Junior Member
    from rumford

Hey! I am new in the plowing scene and to this forum as well. I used the search bar and had no luck. i am sure this has been posted somewhere else but i can not find it. I am looking to buy a sand/salt spreader for my 2000 ford f250 long bed. It is either going to be fisher or down easter 2 yd. Should i go with gas, electric or hydraulic. I am doing small half acre lots and some residential properties as well. Thanks. Looking for the best bang for the buck. What is the the best model of the two and what brand is better and why?:confused: Thanks Jason.

2. IDST

IDST Senior Member

I would go with electric for sure. Western tornado if you have a dealer close by. they had issues when they first came out but the one we have been using the last two years has been awesome. No issues what so ever. The cover is easy to use and a nice feature. Electric is quite and very reliable.

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

JMO, electric and salt do not mix.
    If the hydraulic system is on a belt drive pump, that would be a good choice. If it has an electric pump though, you might as well get an electrid drive. Gas is a pain in the a**.