1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which one is better to work with? AGM,USM,Etc.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by C&H Plowing, Aug 11, 2010.

1. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

I just signed up as a subcontractor for agm for the first time and hoping that i made a good decission to find some commercial accounts. Is there other places that i need to know of to become a subcontractor and what is their numbers?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

AGM is good but they dont have much work here in cleveland. What part are you looking to work in?

3. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

maybe you shoulda set up a poll on which management company is going to screw you like a housecat first?

or....this might be an easier way to put it...let's say that a target store parking lot is worth $100 to plow....you've plowed it for years at $100, and made a living on it. a management company comes into the picture, woos target, says we can get that job done for you for $70.....you like a sucker, put all the time and effort into plowing the lot, satisfying the customer, the management company says, it's our contract now, it's only worth $40....take it or leave it, the management company pockets $30. you get to the end of the season and wonder why you didn't make any money.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  4. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

Cleveland west and suburbs

5. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

I talked with Mike F and he said that he is got some accounts or connections here in cleveland. I hope

6. Burkartsplow

All of our work is in lakewood, Bay, River, Westlake and Westpark. How long have you been in the business?

7. GLLLC

GLLLC Member
    from CT

GOOD LUCK :laughing::laughing::laughing:

8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

THEY ALL SUCK!.... Get on the phone and call, call, call, and call some more, the accounts your interested in working for. You'll make 3X the amount of $ by doing it this way. Theres pleanty of work out there, if you just take the time to open doors......

9. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

haaaaaaaahahaha

10. Burkartsplow

who is mike f? help me out adam

11. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Mike Folmar. Works for AGMG. Solicits many of their bids.

12. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

Anybody has any info on usm or phone# or other places I can talk to for the winter contracts up here in Cleveland. So far I dont have that many contracts for my 2010 ford f-250 with a 9.5 wide snow dogg blade and 1.5 salt dogg spreader

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Do yourself a favor and get your own stuff,they'll eat you alive

14. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

:nod: ..... I don't think hes one to listen........GOOD LUCK CH, let us all know how much you made in the spring working for all these fools......:laughing:

15. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Your not listening to what I've told you..... accounts don't come to you...YOU GO TO THEM.... so if your not willing to put the time in, your not going to get good results!
    GO KNOCK ON DOORS TODAY! but you won't listen again.........:rolleyes:

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The ones with 15-20 years are still in business because they listen to others while others work for the big companies are gone the next year because they didn't listen.

17. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

I listen to you guys, I'm going to be going to the businesses that I want to work at and see what hapens.

18. Burkartsplow

Best not be in my part of the woods!:gunsfiring:

19. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

That's the Free Enterprise spirit!

20. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

It's a free country and you get to do what ever to make a living