1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which one actually dose have the fastest mounting system???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcwlandscaping, Oct 13, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

OK, ill be getting my lisense in a little less than a year so ive been looking at plows for the truck i want to get. Every plow site i have been on states that they have the fastest mounting system available. So if each were mounted to the same type truck and all on the same surface, which one would be fastest. I understand that it depends on driver skill too but what brand actually does have to fastest mounting system? Thanks,

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

western has the fastest mounting hands down anyone who says different is full of it. but i would never buy a plow just beuase it mounts quickly haveing said that i still think western is a very good plow and would recommend them for your purchase
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Good question, we could debate this one for a while. Let me start off by saying they are all very easy nowadays and any difference between modern systems is too insignificant to stand on its own when it comes to deciding which plow to buy.

I have personally attached and removed Blizzard, Fisher, Western (uni and ultra), and Curtis plows. I have the most experience with Curtis then Fisher, Blizzard and western were a one time thing.

Of all I have actually "used", Curtis has the best mount IMO. It gives you alot of margin for error when you drive in to mount the plow and lining up wrong is often a major source of delays in the mounting process. Then all I have to do is pull up two levers and conncect just ONE Plug and Iam done. Id say I can do the whole thing in 30 seconds if I really saw the need but I usually take about 1min or so. The plow is a major addition to the front of the truck, its not a race to see how fast you can put the thing on its a matter of it being on and secured to the truck for proper operation. I take as long as I need to in order to ensure this. If your doing it in 30 seconds, you may make a mistake that could damage the truck,plow,yourself or all of the above.

I would be more concerned with the appearance of the truckside mount when considering a mount then I would it taking 15 seconds longer to mount or some insignificant amount of time.

You say in your signature that you are considering a Fisher plow, thats an Excellent choice and I can personally tell you that Minuite Mount 2 is very fast! What I cant tell you is who has the fastest mount, youll have to do your own experiments or rely on speculation and company publications.
  4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

sno-ways fast

Approximately 45 seconds to attach and 30 seconds to detatch (with practice):salute:

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

9 second western ultramount

I Don't Know Which Is The Fastest, But It Can't Be Much Better Than The Western. It Takes Me 9 Seconds To Mount And Unmount The Plow Once The Truck Is Driven Into Place. Can't Go Wrong Or Do Damage, Because As You Lift The Legs, You Automatically Lock The Plow Into Place. Nothing To Go Wrong And Nothing To Forget Which Could Get Damaged. Then It's Only 3 Plugs To (un)plug.
  6. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

When I started looking for a new plow I told the salesman that I didn't really have a preference, as long as the plow wasn't red. (Family superstition)
    He told me that I had just eliminated the quickest mounting plow out there. I wasn't concerned, because my last plow was an old Fisher. Spending 15-30 minutes trying to mount a plow in a snowstorm isn't much fun. In relation, I figured the difference between 30 seconds and maybe 2 minutes wasn't enough to matter.
  7. duramaxed

duramaxed Junior Member

I'll give my vote to the Curtis, if you align the truck correctly when pulling up, ALL pins and levers will lock on their own. Just connect the single plug.
  8. clip5135

clip5135 Junior Member

I just picked up my new curtis today. The first time I tried hooking it up and unhooking it,both under a minute.
  9. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Your all wrong. It all depends on the operator.....:angel:
  10. Willy-D8

Willy-D8 Member

If I have my old Fisher Speedcast lined up I could probably mount that in 9 seconds too!!. Aligning the truck to the plow and having plow and truck at the same heights is 3/4 of the battle. Take your time anyway. You'll soon learn PACE is everything in life.
  11. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

i have yet to put it on because i just bought it but...what about the blizzards?
  12. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

The blizzards are great too, I would not call any mount made today "bad".
  13. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Western Ultramount hands down from what i have used...... those mount 'buckets' self align the plow for you unless you are totallly oblivious and drive into it totally ********
  14. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Boss RT3 yet. I haven't used one, but have a video clip for it--it really can't be more than a couple seconds. He drives in, gets out and plugs in his electrical, and pushes a button on the side of the light tower. Done.

They're probably all pretty good these days.
  15. Very true.
    Except, with the Boss RT3 you have to PERFECTLY inline with the mounts. There is no room for error on the side to side movement of those mounting ears. That's the only flaw I see with the Boss system. Hook up and flip the switch and its done. They are all good nowadays but some are smoother than others. Hell, they all plow snow so thats what really mattters.:waving:

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

gicon is right.:redbounce
  17. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I usually leave my plow frames on all year, my trucks can handle the weight. And if you want a quick hitch, time really doesn't matter in my opinion. It all comes off. It all goes on. Just matters which works best.
  18. alamarc

alamarc Member

Man we are really getting down into seconds to mount. Just in my opinion i like a balence between ease of mounting vs. sturdieness of mounting. I have never used anything but fisher plows but i sure like the one inch pins that hold it on. I have just heard some horror stories about plows falling off the truck after getting hooked on curbs and things like that. I would much rather a plow that takes two minutes to mount to a sturdy frame versus one that takes thirty seconds and will fall off.

Just my opinion.
  19. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Thanks for all the responses! Just wanted to know because like i said, everywhere i look, every company says there mounting system is the fastest!!! I am almost certain that I'm going to go with fisher for my plow next year. Either the HD or the stainless X-Blade and the mounted controller (not the fishstik). Can't wait!
  20. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Funny no one mentioned Fisher, but that's what he said he wants!

Gota love brand loyalty.

By the way I have been using Fisher for years...My old MM-I was way faster, mainly because I had it down pat from so many years. Also a 7.5 is easyer because if it's a tad off, you can push and pull way easyer than the bigger 8' HD's and the X-blades. I just mouted mine tonight and mounted by buddies X-Blade on my truck. Honestly right now I think the heavyer the harder with the Fisher. I may get quick again with the new set up but, no waty right now. Darn the X-Blade looks nice, I think I'm upgrading and I haven't even used it yet! payup