1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which new plow?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by doc623, Oct 30, 2013.

1. doc623

doc623 Junior Member
    from OHIO

For non commercial homeowner plow with the choice of Myers, Boss, or Snow Way for a 03 GMC 1500 YUKON; what would be the best one to get?
  2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Snoway has a nice light plow for that half ton. But everyone has their favorites. You may want to look into Snow Dogg plows for what you need it for as well.
  3. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Get what you think you would like and what fits the truck.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway, if only for the down pressure.

They also offer a hydraulically controlled wings for the 1/2 tons.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Snow way my .01
  6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Anything but a meyer. Given your options I would go with boss.
  7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

sno-way. down pressure is worth a ton :nod:

it's also a solid workhorse.
  8. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

^^^ that.

well, sort-of.

The biggest problem I've observed with meyer plows, is in the blade construction. Of the meyer plows I've owned, both use bent angle iron as the vertical ribs, with the OPEN side facing the skin. The problem with this is that you end up with an unsealed, but inaccessible cavity between three faces of mild steel. Now it isn't hard to imagine what happens with this --- RUST. MASSIVE rust.

What you should be looking for on ANY plow, is that it doesn't have any unsealed, inaccessible cavities for rust to take hold of. If it has accessible cavities where you can get at with a paint brush, or cavities are TOTALLY sealed so that there is no way water can get into them, then you're ok.