1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which mounting brackets??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by My bowtie, Dec 27, 2008.

1. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I ordered a whelen lin4 led responder from fleet safety:D. Was going to get the con3, but changed my mind. Light is going to be mounted on a back rack. Not sure which mounts to get. The center mount plate, or the pair of brackets....Im concerned that the center mount plate may not be sturdy enough and bounce around.....any input???

2. Brian469

Brian469 Junior Member

Center Plate

3. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Well since your the only one to respond, I ordered the center plate today...ussmileyflag

4. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

Hopefully you didn't get a LIN4 Responder...they don't exist ;) They use Linear6 lightheads and EXCELLENT choice going with Linear over the CON modules :)

5. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Well thats what I ordered...The discription did say linear6 leds...Ordered it with the clear dome also. Like the looks of the clear....Check out Fleet safety.
    Bar was 259 with shipping........For $40 more then the con3's i think was well worth it.
    Fleet safety deff had the lowest $ on the whelen responders that I could find. Seen them as high as $325 for the same light...............