1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which motor solenoid?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcs lawn rescue, Dec 18, 2003.

1. mcs lawn rescue

mcs lawn rescue Junior Member

does anyone know what the part number is for a motor solenoid for a meyer E-47 pump. or is there only one???? i need to get one .

2. 4speed

4speed Member

I just take mine to napa and ask for a replacement. Its just a ford starter solenoid
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Those are NEGATIVE ( - ) trigger solenoids as far as I know.
    At least the two Myer's I have are.
    The Ford starter solenoids are POSITIVE (+ ) trigger.
    If you have a volt ohm meter or a check light pull off the little connection and have some on hit the up/down button. See if it negative or positive coming to it. Should be negative/ground power to the solenoid trigger line. Napa should have it, but they have to pull out the book and figure out which one it is.
    Advanced auto parts might have it they had signs in window last year that they stocked some plow parts.
  4. mcs lawn rescue

mcs lawn rescue Junior Member

thanx guys i just ordered one from northern tool.