1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Model???

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by claykin22, Dec 2, 2008.

1. claykin22

claykin22 Junior Member

Hey guys, I have been reading your thoughts for a week now, and decided to finally join up so I can get your help a little more direct!

A little about our operation...We have been running sno-way plows for about ten years now. We currently have an old 26 on a one ton GMC, and a 2 yr old 29 on another 1-ton GMC. We do about a dozen local businesses, mostly small parking lots, but one large factory lot and a large grocery lot. In the past we have also ran with a Skid Steer and a nice 9' box blade to speed up the larger lots...we didn't have much use for the skid steer around our grain farm so we sold it this past spring. Thinking we could get by with one full time plow, and jump in the old one when we needed to....it didn't work as planned this first snow!

I had been debating putting a plow on my personal truck, an 08 2500 chevy duramax. Now it looks like I either have to, or give up some business. I am debating between the 29 series, the 32 series, and the contractor Mega blade. My dealer is pushing me towards a Mega V as he has them in stock, but I don't really want all that weight on my personal truck. Not that the contractor is much lighter. Prices range $400 more for the 32 over the 29, and $400 more for the contractor over the 32.

Your thoughts would be appreciated!
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8 1/2' 32 series is good match for the truck. I pushed one which a 05 Dodge gasser last year with excellent results.