1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which minute mount do I have

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t.kelly0224, Dec 28, 2011.

1. t.kelly0224

t.kelly0224 Junior Member
    from bow, nh

Hi guys, So we picked up a new truck last night for plowing. A 2004 Gmc 2500 HD with a minute mount frame mount and wiring, no plow or headgear. So I have no idea how to identify which minute mount system it is, I'm trying to buy a headgear and plow off of craigslist but I don't know what is compatible or how to identify it. Any ideas?

2. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

the push plates(truck side mounts) are the same from mm1 to mm2 the difference in the two is in the head gear so both will hook to your truck, what you need to look for is a plow with the same amount of plugs you have at the grill (2or3)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

also 2 or 3 plugs out of the grill area to the plow.

and what blade was on it before for wiring to controler for stright blade and or v blade.

otherwise mm1 or mm2 will fit truck side brackets. Thumbs Up

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yeah....what these guys said above. ^^^^^^^^

Also, if there is 3 connectors at the grill, count the pins on the connectors, one will be 2, one will be 11, and the other (control harness) will either have 3 or 7. 3 pins is for a straight blade, a 7 pin will run both the V Blade and the straight blade.

5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^^^^ Correct me if I'm wrong Ryan, but if he has a 7 pin, he can run a vee, but it can only be an EZV correct? Extreme Vee's only have 2 plugs?

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ahyup, that's correct.

If you were referring to the "both" section of my post; then you've taken it out of context....it was in reference to the straight blade and V blade. Not EzV & ExtremeV. Or I could be just over thinking things, as I sometimes do.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  7. C'mon Ryan...stop throwing me these softballs will ya!!!

Any signs of ice on our lake???

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Lmao.

No sign of ice yet. It's been unseasonably warm this month. 49° just yesterday. Hopefully things will change soon.

9. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Ohh no, I relized you were referring to both the straight and vee, I just wanted to make sure it was clear to the OP...

10. t.kelly0224

t.kelly0224 Junior Member
    from bow, nh

So I looked today, and I have a four port isolation module. So will that work with a mm1 and a mm2 or just a mm1?

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

It works with both.