1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which miniled bar to buy???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by tlcmetrokc, Oct 18, 2007.

1. tlcmetrokc

tlcmetrokc Junior Member
    from midwest

hey guys, im new to this forum so far i like all i have seen. i need some advice. i want to purchase a new mini led light bar. locally here there arent many places to go see them work. im looking at the new luminator 12-1224 by shome. anyone have it or like it. i want something bright and powerful??????

2. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

All depends on how much money you want to spend, whats your budget?

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yea whats the budget? You can spend anywhere from 300, to 1500 for a mini led bar.

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yah .... $800 will get ya a Whelen Liberty mini bar (led) $500 will get ya a whelen patriot 4 strobe mini bar, or $100 will get ya a Star mini rotator bar ... so depends on your budget ? !

5. tlcmetrokc

tlcmetrokc Junior Member
    from midwest

money is not aas important as visibility, i have been plowing for 8 years and on the fire dept for 2. i like the looks of the luminator and the videos on youtube seems to show it brighter than others and it self dims at night...... just wondering

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Personally I would go with a code 3 mini led x bar. VERY BIRGHT LIGHT! Basically I would go with code 3 leds and whelen strobes. Thats what i like and have on my truck. They work awesome imo.

Ryan

7. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

JMO... But a Whelen Edge regular or if you want a low-pro bar... an LFL strobe is plenty enough for plowing. The best part about these is that you can do a combo bar with strobes on the 4 corners and LED's in optional locations alot cheaper than a full LED bar. Ranger Services sells alot of nice combo strobe/ LED mini bars on Ebay for a good price. I have a LFL Patriot with 4 strobes and 2 LEDs and it is Crazy Bright...

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

Money no prob. the only way to go is a TOMAR NEOBE (neon/strobe)

9. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

I agree with Powerjoke. I run both Whelen and Tomar. As the Whelen's burn out and are no longer cost effective to fix, they are being replaced with Tomar products - both Strobe (Neobe) and L.E.D. They are not cheap, but you will be very happy with them.

10. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

The best mini-LED bar IMO is the Whelen Responder. It is competitively priced ($250 -$350 depending on sytle) and has great light output.

It will certailny put a hurt on Sho-ME's sales. IMO it does not lose by much (the Linear model at least) as compared to the higher priced Whelen Linerty and Code 3 LEDX.

11. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Look at the Federal Signal Highlighter, the LED version, that is one bright light, and they only cost around $350.

12. Eclipse

Eclipse Senior Member

The LED Highligher is a very nice bar and very bright. Maybe the pricing has come down some but last I checked they were running around $400 in magnet mount?

13. Novi plow boy

Novi plow boy Member

I bought the Sho-Me yesterday and i pluged it in last night and I was very pleased with it. I didnt justify spending $500 + on a lightbar that is goin to do the same job as my Sho-Me will for $220. IMO words as long as you can be seen good im willing to save a few bucks and put it into something else.