1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which mini light bar to get...

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by deckboys, Jan 27, 2009.

Which mini light bar to get

1. responder 2 mini halogen

2. guardian mini halogen

3. other bar in same price range...

1. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

responder mini 2

gaurdian mini

both bars are halogen, mag mounts.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i have a whelen responder 2 on my one truck i wouldn't trade it for anything in the worldussmileyflag (cept maybe a full size whelen lol) when it's dark out you can see the beam from that sucker almost a full mile away if there's no obstructions. not sure if the one you're looking at is the same though =/ good luck with whatever one you get :cool:
  3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Responder 2 iv had 3 of them and wish id never sold them
  4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Personally, I would go with LED instead of halogen. Halogen pulls alot of power to run, and don't last nearly as long as LEDs. LEDs are just better in alot of ways IMO
  5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I'm a halogen person myself... The Responder II has a long and strong track record. If you'd want to check out www.galls.com and go to their clearance area they've got their Generic Responder II's for about $70 plus shipping.

The best thing about halogens compared to led's are you can hear when you leave your light on and not forget to turn it off when your out on the streets! Also when your out you know they're working.

Halogens don't wash out in the sun either. (Referering Generation 1 and 2 led's)

Take care and enjoy...

Now time to go fire up the snowblower! payup
  6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Able2 Sho-mE mini LED bar
  7. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

if led get the led whelen responder