1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which mini LED bar?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blakerugg, Dec 21, 2009.

?

Which Light Bar??

1. Whelen Mini Liberty

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Whelen Mini Justice

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. SpeedTech K-Force 27" Linear

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

Whelen Mini Liberty

Whelen Mini Justice

Speed Tech K-Force 27"

what in the brightest??

take my poll please lol

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

For the price go with the justice. Libertys just a basic 4 head bar and are expensive. Mini justice is all around a better value. Shame on the speedtech crap

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You know my vote. For the price you pay you get more for your money with the justice, unless you are interested in putting in take down lights then go with the liberty. But the comparisons I did the justice is brighter then the liberty with with better all around visibility.

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Justice is more of an all around bar. Liberty is kinda plain and costs more for what you get by far!

5. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

6. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

Have anything bigger? Like 25-28"?

7. SafetyLighting

The Pinnacle is available in 36", but nothing between the Mini-Pinnacle and that.

Sorry.

8. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

9. maelawncare

Heres a video from my phone. Not too bad in daylight

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid136.photobucket.com/albums/q176/maelawncare/004.flv">

10. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

i like it. now i just have to build my backrack.

11. SafetyLighting

I'm curious, how much will you save by building a backrack as opposed to buying one? I know a lot of people have them built, but I don't understand why.

12. maelawncare

Cause a lot of people have scrap laying around. So it costs them next to nothing. And some can get all the steel they need for around $100. A new one is over $200. So you can save a good bill by doing it yourself.

13. SafetyLighting

Ok, that makes sense, but only if they can weld themselves, right? I wonder if there would be any interest in a group buy.

14. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

Either way whelen bars are the best for the price i bought a whelen liberty fully loaded with mutiple flash patterns for $650 ... and the Justice is a good bar also ..

15. maelawncare

You know i used to think the same thing. Then i started buying some soundoff stuff. And i have to say, everything that i have gotten from soundoff is brighter than the stuff i have from whelen. I think their starting to slack.

16. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

hmmm ?? really except for the Pinnacle bar which is a cool design .. what other bars from them are there ?? i seen a mini Defender bar from Code 3 a few months back at TrucknTow's. retail store . a rep brought one in at the same time i was there nice bare for $800 ..

17. SafetyLighting

18. maelawncare

Well the small pinnacle bar that i have. And then their smaller 3led version, like whelens TIR3s. Those are the only ones i have used so far other than the mighty light.

19. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

i actually wont be saving any money on the backrack because i will be using stainless lol but yes the reason is usually to save money.

20. SafetyLighting

Ok, just curious. I hear people doing it all the time, but figured they only cost about $250 to buy so why bother screwing around with it.