1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Light Harness?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TruBlu, Sep 20, 2010.

1. TruBlu

TruBlu Junior Member

Hi, I'm pretty new to the forum, but have been helped by many of the posts here. I'm in the process of switching trucks from a 94 Chev 3/4T to a 02 Ford 350. I have an 8' UniMount ProPlow - two connectors - and have been told that the harness for the plow will work, but I need to swap out the light harness. My dumb question is which headlight do I have, the 2B or the hB5? I'll attach a photo.....Thanks in advance for your help.

IM000909.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just need a 61591 plug in harness for your HB5 lights.

3. TruBlu

TruBlu Junior Member

Thank you! Just curious what the 2B and the HB5 stand for. If there is a reference somewhere I'd love to know.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

2B's are the old glass sealed beams...and of course the HB5's are the composites with a replaceable bulb like your truck. The letter/number designations are just different ways to identify the various light styles. If you dig around the net a little I'm sure there's a chart somewhere showing examples of the various styles.

5. TruBlu

TruBlu Junior Member

Thanks again!!

6. Fisheng

Fisheng Junior Member

Hey B&B, I was reading your posts on diabling the DRLs, off topic but wasn't sure how to email you direct. When I get to the BCM in my 2000 Silverado, do you cut the white and grey wires and splice in the resistor ?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming you're referring to disabling the auto headlamp function, cut the two wires, re-connecting them with the resistor. Need to pull the DRL relay to disable those if you wish also.