1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by TheYardBarber, Oct 9, 2014.

1. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

I am stuck between the SnM bar 360, the axixtech mb30, and the Whalen mini century 16"

Which one should I get

Or any other suggestions you might have. ($200 or less range)

2. nixray

nixray Senior Member

I'd go with the Whelen (not sure what/who Whalen is?)
    Parts/service etc is proven w/Whelen.
    What do I use personally? SoundOff. (They're HQ'ed 15 min away from my town).

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Never heard of Whalen.

4. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

the axixtech mb30, great little light bar. I like it, very bright even during the day

5. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

The Whelen Mini Century is an absolute steal for that price. You really can't go wrong

6. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

It's the 16" that's about 195 w shipping. I'm stuck between the whelen and the ebar360 now.

I hear a lot of good things about both. The ebar 360 just looks better to me. But everyones saying whelen. I wish I could find some lights locally so I could see them in person

7. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

We may not be local and don't offer those specific bars you're looking at, but we do have a 7-day return policy on our mini bars. You could buy one of each and see which you liked best if you really wanted ;)

Just to throw our hat in the ring, here are the mini bars we offer:
    http://advancedwarninglights.com/interior-lightbars/mini-lightbars.html

The Feniex Cobra Mini is an American made product and I can get you some special pricing if interested.

- Tom

8. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

I like both bars, but i personally would go with the Whelen. The century 16" has two rear and forward facing leds like the ebar360 however with it also having linear corner modules i think it will be brighter and offer greater off axis warning.

9. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I ordered my 22" light bar from Tom on Friday, and got it today. Looks and works great.

Thanks Tom.

10. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Whelen Century is one of the most popular bars we offer and very bright. The Axixtech is the smallest of the 3. Our house is also a great little bar.

11. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

I actually ended up ordering your ebar360...

I tell you what this light as awesome. I couldn't be happier. I hope it lasts long because this is a bright light!

12. mranum

mranum Member

I bought that light bar last year. Never had an LED before but I was amazed at the brightness. I love it.

ussmileyflag

13. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

Me too! I tried it out the other day and night and it is way brighter than I thought it would be. At night i just about blinded myself looking at it

14. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Glad you like the bar. Any issues let us know now let's bring on the snow cause I'm ready. Well almost. Still picking up my yard.

15. TheYardBarber

TheYardBarber Member

Thanks again!

16. Dash Flash

Dash Flash Member
    from Arizona

All the light bars mentioned are excellent products and you won't be disappointed with any of them.

We offer a light bar that is just as bright as those major brands, but factory-direct and with fewer frills and, therefore, a lower cost. Instead of 20 to 50 flash patterns, the Magnum™ has 8 (do you really need 50 flash patterns?).

We have sold hundreds of Magnums™ to plow operators. Before making a decision on a bar, at least take a look at the Magnum™.

Until November 31, mention PLOWSITE for a 10% discount!

[​IMG]

FEATURES:

• Fourteen (14) light heads (as many as some full-size lightbars) consisting of 56 Generation 3 High Output TIR4 LEDs
    • 360° visibility!
    • Cigarette lighter plug with 9' of cord.
    • Four adjustable strong neodymium cluster magnets with silicone rubber covers to a prevent scratching vehicle's paint (Not recommended for highway speeds)
    • Eight selectable flash patterns
    • Separate Pattern switch on lighter plug ("remembers" last pattern selected
    • Clear polycarbonate dome
    • Heavy-duty aluminum base
    • Optional LED colors
    • 12 volts DC / 56 total Watts<
    • Dimensions: 24" wide x 11.8" deep x 2.4" high
    • Shipping weight: 15 lbs.

[​IMG]

17. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

I have a Whelen mini Justice that is real bright.