1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which light bar to buy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DBL, Jan 8, 2007.

1. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

no one?!?!?!?!?
  3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I personally like the first one. But I am not much into the whole light thing.
    I buy them, to use, not to go overboard. JMO
  4. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I had a 2 strobe mini bar last year for my first year. I bought my son a plow truck at the beginning of Dec. 2006. So I am going to give him my mini and I just bought a Code3 MX7000.
  5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

as much as i like the Able 2 low profile mini led bar ... i saw one activated on a security truck at the mall tonight ... yah there great from the front and back .. but at an angle or the side ... not really noticeable .. i currently have a Whelen LFL mini bar ... at least its good from all angles ... just my .002
  6. NorthernILPlwr

NorthernILPlwr Member

wow.....i got this bar for x-mas and it looks great from all angles. Its noticable from the sides as well......maybe something was wrong with theirs?
  7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

okay correction ... lol .. yes it was noticable from the side ... but if you really look at the brightness from the side ... strobe are just a lil more eye catching .... to me anyway .... you might be right .. i kinda got nosey tonight and drove past him from a distance and close up .. and from the angle it really didnt catch my eye like strobe bars do ... but the back and front look like the Whelen Slimlighter ...
  8. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I have the Mini LED bar and I think its a great buy for the $$
  9. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

if your looking for good all around brightness id go with the whelen mini liberty, kind of expensive but the best bar u can get, the leds are angled to the sides and you can add leds in the center slots for even better front warning
  10. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Strobes are bright, but the flash back during a storm will drive you insane. The best light for the buck that I have found is a Federal Highlighter. It's a double halogen rotator bar with mirrors. I have had mine for over 10 years and it still works as good as new. I went with a clear dome and an amber filter on one side and left the other side white. You can't miss it with it's 360 degree pattern and they are cheap. I think just over $100.

HighLighter by Federal Signal

Exceptional halogen warning in a compact size - 15 inches long
    Features (2) 175 FPM Rotators
    80,000 candela Halogen Rotators
  11. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with your second choice. I saw one like two years ago and it was awesome. The flash pattern is amazing and insane bright. 360 coverage for sure. You can put 2 amber up top and a clear in the bottom or all amber. Its a good choice. Leds are better but I don't like the flash pattern. They only wig wag left-right left-right kind of deal.
    Try these places you may find something else you like.

Your choice #1 http://www.lshlights.net/catalog/3__sho-me_low_profile_led_mini-bar_3254519.htm
    Choice #2 http://www.lshlights.net/catalog/sho-me_mini_lightbar__stealth__2838626.htm
    And this one would work great also http://www.lshlights.net/catalog/sho-me_mini_lightbar_low_profile_strobe_3203207.htm
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  12. LON

LON Senior Member

13. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

14. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I have the first one that you mentioned, and like it a lot. it has seven different flash patterns to choose from.
  15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i went out and bought the used one and man that thing is great i want to trade the one on my truck in for it