1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which lift kit for my 2012 sport

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by bebop86, Mar 4, 2015.

1. bebop86

bebop86 Junior Member
    from nj

Guys need to add a lift kit to my 2012 wrangler 2 door sport as my western HTS plow makes the front end sag and I do not get a clean swipe with the plow- any rec. on which kit is best for the $$$- I will not be doing any offroad work just normal driving and may be bigger tires for the summer thanks

2. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

We have a jeep with HTS.. Had to put a 1.75" leveling kit on front. Gave it more clearance... If I had to do it over again I would probably do more than the 1.75 because blade still scrapes when turning out of sloping driveways/aprons. good luck with the jeep.. It's a awesome combo!

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Its NOT a lift kit you need what you need is a higher spring rate. Air shocks fill the bill, add air when the plow is on let air out when the plow is off.

4. bebop86

bebop86 Junior Member
    from nj

thanks which air shock do you rec??-

5. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Just get some 4 door springs. Lots of guys do it with the 2 doors. You can probably get them free from some off road jeep clubs. I know my jeep club has tons of stock items for free.

And btw, why are you not off roading it? Its a jeep, thats what its for.

6. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I had a 2012 JKU and put EMU heavy duty lift springs on the front. It still dropped. you will want to add Air Shocks, do a search there should be a post explaining how to find the correct shocks for the jeep.

7. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Air shocks are a bad idea. Shock tabs are thin and not meant to hold weight at all.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Both are a bad idea,
    As most lift kits don't add capacity.
    They may actually lower it as lifts springs allow for more movement/ travel.

It can be done, think add a leaf or go to your local spring shop and tell them what you want to do.

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Air bags would be my suggestion

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have 29 years using air shocks and the only shock mount failures ive had were from rotting mounts.