1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which is a better choice?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DuramaxPowered, Nov 10, 2005.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Looking at boss 7.6' or 8' superduty steel or a western pro plus in the same size. What would you guys recommend? Going on 2002 chevy 2500hd duramax w/allison crew cab short bed. Will i have to cut my valence with these 2 plows? What do you think? Thanks

2. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

Unless the 8' is going to be too wide to fit somewhere that you need it to you will want the extra width. Go 8'.

3. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

Well actually my question was which brand. The Boss super duty or the Western Pro Plus in either width. I think i have my mind made up to go with the 8'. Seems to be the popular choice. Now the brand. Thanks

4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

If it were me I'd go boss, but thats just personal preferenceas around here everyones got boss'es because the dealer has tons of them is a great guy( a friend of mines dad) and is always open in case of break downs, the western dealers a less then helpful huge cardealership where the boss dealers a small car repair place.

But I'd definetly go at LEAST 8 foot. My boss just put a new 8'2" boss poly v plow on his dmax/alission 2005 hd and it barely drops with that plow on.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

This is the Boss thread, right?? so, Get the Boss:waving:

The best info I could give you is to go look around your area for a good plow dealer.
    (whatever brand)
    Find one that will be able to help with any problems, look at there parts inventory, will they have the part or will they have to order it.
    Is the shop new or have they been in business for a while?
    Good luck!, now go get that plow it's going to snow some day:nod: