1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which hole

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ned, Dec 23, 2013.

1. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

2008 gmc k1500, fisher mm2 sd . which hole should the pins be that adjust pitch of plow be in- top-middle or bottom?
    thanks

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Any port in a storm?

3. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

I'll take the high road, and say that you should put the pin in whatever hole causes the a frame to be parallel to the ground.

If you know what I mean.....lol

4. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

yeah, that's what the manual says, but for some reason it just does a suck job of scraping the snow.
    Thanks.

5. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Are you running shoes? Also, what kind of cutting edge are you running. Can you post some pics of the setup from various angles?

6. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

no shoes. the plow is only a year old and didn't get much use. It has a ploycarbonite edge on it. I even added an additional 100 lbs of weight. Maybe edge hasn't "sharpend" enough yet.. I've thought about taking edge off and see if that makes a difference.I'll have to send pics later right it's raining cats. dogs and ice.
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  7. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I would not add extra weight... You measure the height of the push plates on the truck when the truck is properly ballasted and sitting on a level surface. Refer to the manual as to what hole for the height you measure. Also, keep in mind that the attack angle of the cutting edges arent that aggressive especially on the SD series. It will push snow but don't expect it to scrape down to pavement on icy hardpacked surfaces.

8. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

Manual just says to park truck on level surface and pick hole which puts frame is closest position to level.Which is fine, but what if it is "in between" holes do you make top of plow pitch forward away from truck or do you make it fall back towards truck?
    Thanks

9. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Whatever makes it closer to level.... The further forward the plow leans the easier it will trip.... The further back the harder..

10. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

And if the a frame is not level, the blade wont fully contact the ground at full angle.

11. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

Thanks ChevKid03, Ford.* I'm talking front to back not side to side Thanks.

12. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

We know, but thats one of the side affects of a not-level a-frame.

13. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

felt like you had to say something sierra? Don't forget to mention possible tire size? are they snows? all seasons, 16, 17 18"? Give me a little credit.

14. LON

LON Senior Member

Bottom. That is going to give you greatest attack angle on a 1500. If you want to experiment than add another hole under it but you'll have to watch clearances everywhere else if you do that.

15. ned

ned Junior Member
    from nh

Thanks very much Lon. Happy Holidays!

16. LON

LON Senior Member

Merry Christmas and Happy Happy Happy New Year to you.