1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which harness??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TTBoy77, Sep 10, 2008.

1. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I have a 7'6" pro plow that is of the uni-mount style. My question is which harness to use on my "new" truck. The plow was previously mounted on an 86 Chev k20. Everything worked perfectly. My new truck is a 98 Chev k2500. According to Western's web-site, I need a harness with the part number 61540 (9 pin) and 61584 (DRL adapter kit). I don't think I can use my old harness...can I? Will my new harness work with my current joystick control? Does this all sound correct? The part numbers and all? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank guys.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can still use the main control harness (61540) but will need a different cross harness. Cross harness part # will depend on headlight type, 61716 for the quad composite (HB3/HB4), 61546 for the sealed beam (2B/2D). Wont need to make any changes to controller.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

All you should need is the 61546 adapters to connect your 2B head lights to your current 9 pin harness... along with your 61584 DRL kit.