1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which ford would you buy? maybe both? lol

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Been looking to pickup another truck, well i "want" a fully decked out F550 landscape body crew cab 05-new... but plowing has more demand than landscape currently lol.

Found a good condition, looks garaged , but bed or at least tailgate was replaced...
    01 F250 black crew cab 4x4 7.3L diesel black, 317k miles, yeah you read that right, didnt test drive this or hear it yet so i might not even consider it, thats a hella lot of miles though
    $6,495.00

93 F250 black extended cab, jacked up, not much but id say a 6" lift, 35" BFG all terrains, good condition, 193k miles, looks garage kept as well, custom front bumper, may need to change back to stock to fit boss mount, and hardly any rust for a 93.. not a diesel, its a 460ci, i think the 7.5L Gas v8? i know they suck gas but would plow good and we may only use these for the winter months plowing/salting anyway.
    $5,999.00

Out of everything in many states ive seen on ebay, these dont seem to be in bad shape, minus the miles high on both just total not for their years... is that a fair price for the miles on the 01?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Too many miles on both.
    I would pass

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

id keep looking. try auto trader

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't buy either of those trucks for anywhere near asking price!

Keep Looking...

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Wait until the spring, there will be plenty more to choose from.

6. black7.3

black7.3 Junior Member

keep shopping thats a lot of miles sure the 7.3L is still ok but the truck itself is most likely worn out, and you dont want to mess with a lifted truck. Theres a bunch on autotrader right now

7. jd328

jd328 Junior Member

with that many miles at that point does it really matter if they were garage kept

8. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

the season you are having Id be banking my cash you might need it

9. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Stay far far away. Way to much miles and money

10. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

11. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

12. Brad Ent

Brad Ent Junior Member
    from CT

Pass, keep looking

13. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Wow, that is a pretty good deal. I like how in the description they said it was a "NON-ASPIRATED" Diesel engine. How does it breathe then? lol :laughing:

317K is getting up there in mileage, even for a diesel. The other truck is a combination of age and mileage. They could be okay trucks, just not for those prices.

14. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

there are FAR better deals out there. I bought an 01 f350 back in the fall. for $5k with 97k on fleet maintained miles. the front end of that truck is tighter than my 05 f350 with 63k miles on it.