1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which fluid

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fireboy6413, Nov 5, 2011.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I just bought a new boss super duty, for some reason the only thing the dealer sells is transmission fluid, ive heard of this before but I don't want it in my plow for long if its not good. any one have any experience with this. Should drain it or will it be fine
  2. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

they should have the boss stuff if they are a boss dealer.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

ditto !even if they are not A dealer they can get it .the only reason not to is they are to cheap ! flush it all out and refill ath will work but it attract's water and is not good for low temp's .
  4. Ultra Duty

Ultra Duty Member
    from NE OHIO

Well, IMO I have used ATF, Rice's aviation Fluid and Boss Fluid. I have personally seen brand new boss fluid in the bottle slushy. Our boss dealer sells and installs the Rice's aviation fluid in all of their new plows. So I think any of the three work fine.
  5. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

it's all the same... i use the cheap stuff from j-thomas called arctic avenger... i change it every year and have never had any problems... i have used it in all my plows for the past 6 winters...