1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which flash pattern?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Hubjeep, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I am in the process of installing amber lights at the corners of my plow Jeep.

Which flash pattern is most effective?

Left - Right rear (while Right - Left flashes in front).

Front - Rear (both rear, then both front).

All 4 at once (like hazard lights).

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

i prefer the left right patterns. changing left right will help catch peoples eye. thats just my opinion
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Alternating will get the most attention. Unfortunately, it will also get the most attention of law enforcement if you use them on the roads, most states allow simultaneous flashing but not alternating... I have all my LED's on a separate flasher so I can change the pattern on the fly, that way I can catch the attention, yet still be legal on the roads...
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'd go alternating as well.

I would also suggest the slowest flash pattern you can find, as the faster--triple, quad\quint--flashes have been shown to confuse people more.
  5. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I 2nd the alternating I had it like that on mine and I almost got a spanky from a cop the othe day when i put my new ps in. SO I WOULD SAY IT'S A NO NO
  6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

in IL you can't wig-wag the strobes......the rears must both flash at the same time to be legal...

so a cop told me...
  7. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I almost like the look of non-alternating better (two front, then two rear).