1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Fisher Plow to Buy?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pelletman, Feb 10, 2011.

1. pelletman

pelletman Junior Member
    from MA

My dad has a 2008 2500 Chevy with a MMI 8' straight blade on it. Plow is in rough shape, is it much better to go with MM2? How about a V? Are there earlier and later V's? Is there a difference and anything to stay away from? Thanks for your opinions!

2. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

It all depends on what you're going to be plowing . Commercial lots with open or tight areas or residential driveways ?

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Get a vee there much more versital. You can staight blade with them ,You can vee and make an opening to get started, As well as you can scoop to pick up any extra windrow or trail off or have the option to move snow from one end to the other with ou having any trail off or as much in some cases JMHOThumbs Up

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Is it much better to go with MM2?
    The Minoute Mount 2 is a faster and better system IMO

How about a V? Are there earlier and later V's? Is there a difference and anything to stay away from?
    Fisher has to diferent V plows, the EZ-V wich they no longer make and the Xtreme V wich replaced the Ez-V. I think they are both good plows. The Xtreme V is suposed to be more rugged and I think it has a more agresive atack angle.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely get a MM2. I had a MM1 that I restored and thought would be just as good, I can't believe how much easier the MM2 is to mount than the MM1. Its more rugged/solid as well even though they are lighter overall.

V plow - If you can swing the $$$ difference then yes. I don't think it matters what you plow, a Vplow will always be more efficient than a straight blade. There are 2 different Fisher V Plows- EZV which was available in MM1 and MM2, and the Extreme V which is MM2 only. The EZV was a work horse and very reliable. It used an HD style blade (attack angle, curl, hydraulics) and are obviously cheaper as they are older than the Extreme V. The Extreme V has a moldboard based off of the Xblade, uses different hydraulics that are VERY fast, and have an aggressive attack angle. Comparing the two, the Extreme V is going to scrape better and be a faster plow all around but the EZV may be more reliable all around.

If your going to get a straight blade, spend the extra couple hundred and get an X Blade. I cannot get over how much better of a plow this thing is compared to the HD's. It scrapes very very well, it has faster hydraulics (when compared to my old insta act MM1 and a friends MM2 HD), throws snow better, and is built much heavier duty than the HD's - oh yeah it looks great and doesn't rust.

6. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

if you are going with a straight blade like plowguy43 said it's worth the extra few bucks. first year with mine and it's the best plow i ever owned and less maintance.