1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which F350

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Mar 15, 2013.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

White Truck - 2006 F350 6.0 - includes almost new 8.5 XV plow 90K miles asking $20,000
    Grey Truck - 2007 F350 6.0 - no plow 60K miles asking $21,000

White truck is one owner with 6.0 updates done
    Both trucks have brand new tires and are both in great shape

Save the 6.0 bashing that's not what this is about
    The truck would be my daily driver/work/plow truck

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I personally like your current F350, but I would go with the grey one for the crew cab.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. MatthewG

The grey truck has a new western on it but its $4,000 extra and I run fishers only
  4. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

if your into fishers then go white. The crew cab is sweet if you need the room. 2 years ago i changed from a super cab to a crew cab and don't think I could go back. However if this is your work truck and plow truck then the supercab will fit into more places. As long as the 6.0 is maintained it should treat you well, I had a 05 that ran great. Good luck. Matt
  5. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

I like them both =(
  6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the white color for staying clean looking compared to the dark grey color, but a crew cab is nice to have. So I vote for the grey F350
  7. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I to like the grey one because its a crew cab.

They both are great looking rigs though. Good luck!
  8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

White one, its the one I'd personally choose. But, with the grey one you can keep the Western wiring.
  9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If the white one has plowed since new I think I would buy the grey one. If it has only plowed a year or 2 then I would take the white one for the saving. I don't think the mileage is a big issue for a diesel, they go forever it seems.
  10. MatthewG

The plow on the white one was put on last winter, it's virtually unused
  11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

So if you think that plow is worth 4k then the white truck is 5k cheaper. Unless you needed a quad cab I would take the white one for sure, that is a big savings.
  12. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

I personally dislike log bed trucks on ext. cabs. My choice is the white one.
  13. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Well since I had an identical dark shadow grey 06 I'm voting for the crew cab! Get an egr delete done and you'll be safe! And please put exhaust on it! Nothing sounds better than an open dee up 6.0!
  14. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

i say the white one.
  15. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

I like the white one, granted it has more mileage, but the price with the plow, I don't think you could beat it with a stick.. Both are good looking trucks though, good luck!
  16. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Not a Ford man but the white one already has the plow and 6.0 updates. Unless you need a crew cab go with the white one.
  17. MatthewG

Thanks for the opinions, the white truck is the better deal, just needed some backup thoughts.

I'll let you know how I do tomorrow.
  18. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I would go with the white one...the 6.0 updates along are around $1500 then add the new plow $6000 not to mention its a supper cab so its not as long.
  19. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

White one is better
  20. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I like the white one.