1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which do you prefer...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnDLawn, Nov 29, 2008.

What controller do you prefer?

1. Joystick

2. Handheld Remote

3. Toutch Pad

4. Other

0 vote(s)
  1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Which controller and why?
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Hand held, there nicer in the long run
  3. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Handheld, for me it just is the way to go. Easy and comfortable.
  4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Ive had both (boss)

Joy stick for me, because down is just a quick bump and it is in the same place every time all the time.

Hand held was easier to accidentally set off getting in and out of the truck...

Some guys love the hand held even for V's............watch Grandviews vid's he can smoke it with a hand held V.........
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Also good for letting the gf use it while you have your arm around here while plowing!
  6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

handheld is the nicest
  7. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Since I havent plowed much with the Boss yet, I grew up using fisher joy sticks, and a couple years ago when I starting using my first V I changed over to the fish stick. For about the first couple weeks I HATED the fishstick, I wanted to throw it out the window. But now that I have used it for a while and Im comfortable with it, I love it. Im assuming I will like the Boss handheld just as much.

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like the joystick becous I can rest my hand on my knee and operate it.
  9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the handheld. You can hold it in your hand while still steering with the same hand, and wok the gearshift with the other. Never have to take your hand off the wheel, which saves a couple minutes per lot.
  10. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

i like the handheld because i think it is more easier to use for my v and you can keep it in your hand when you turn around to look behind you.. also the flag ship of my fleet is a duramax with a 6sp.. easier to shift and plow with a handheld
  11. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I prefer a joystick, whether it is on my hiniker or blizzard plows.
  12. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

What's that, the joystick???:rolleyes:
  13. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

The Fish stik!
  14. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I used a handheld and just counldn't drive and use it easy. My big shoebox blizzard sits nice on my center console and is just real comfortable to use. Now that being said if I was left handed my opinion might be different.
  15. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

The new snoway joystick. I like to be able to launch the space shuttle from the cab of my truck.
  16. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

Handheld is nicer in my opinion, and saves you having to mount something in your truck. Unplug it when not in use, or out of season and toss it in the glove box..
  17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Tried the hand held and didn't like it. Why do you want it in your hand all the time. Hit the joystick and let it go. Do you put the hand held down to drink your coffee?
  18. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Hand helds the best for speed and ease. i use to use a joy stick. i mounted that on center consual and had no problem but hand held is much nicer.....
  19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree with Chris a joystick is the best. I had to take the handheld back because I hated it.
  20. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i didn't like it at first, but by the end of the storm i DID.