1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Diesel treament are you using?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTerrySGD, Jan 25, 2011.

1. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

There are a million of them out there.... Been using Diesel Kleen lately and was wondering what everyone else uses. I'd like to get anti-gelling and lubrication out of it.... better fuel mileage is just a bonus.

And if you're using Diesel Kleen, which one are you using?

Chris

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I use power service in the on-road diesel.

my off road diesel is delivered already treated

3. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

We use diesel kleen white for treatment and the red if it gels up. We havent had any gelling problems since we started using the white on a regular basis. This is for our skid loaders. Our trucks are all gas.

4. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

what's the difference between white and grey bottle?

5. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

White helps prevent gelling. Grey i don't think does. White in winter grey in summer.

Power Service Deisel Kleen for me. White right now and i use it every fill to make sure no gelling and cetane boost. I also have red 911 in the box in case.

6. fallcreek

fallcreek Junior Member
    from TN

I use Kleen in my 7.3's with no problems and better fuel economy. Colvins is correct white for winter and grey for summer.

7. SMLCAT

SMLCAT Member

8. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Hands down K100 Fuel Treatment, Call ask for Eric and tell him Scott Leighton told you to call him. He will tell you everything you need to know with no BS. Best treatment on the market. BTW Eric is not the sales man he is the guy that had a hand in making this stuff and runs K100.

http://www.k100fueltreatment.com/

9. Brucester1

Brucester1 Senior Member

i use F P P F in my 7.3

10. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

Stanadyne performance

11. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

PRI-D

Have also used FPPF

12. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Stanadyne..........

13. brad2555

brad2555 Junior Member
    from ohio

We Use Power Service seems to do the job for us

14. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I use diesel 911 with good results.

15. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

The difference between the white and grey bottles is the white has anti-gelling additives and not as much cleaning agents as the grey bottle. The gray bottles also claims an 8% increase on mileage while the white bottle doesnt

16. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I run power service every tank all winter (unless I can't find power service then it's howes). In summer i run power service but only every 3rd or 4th tank.
    Robert

17. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

stanadyne!

18. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

white diesel kleen (911)

19. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

We use Howe's Lubricator in all our work trucks. No freeze ups in the 3 years we've used this product.

20. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

None, i get my fuel from a small station that also does home fuel deliveries. The owner cuts the diesel 50/50 with kerosene. I have never had any gelling issues in the last 5yrs since i started using his fuel.