1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Configuration To Choose

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by captadamnj, Oct 7, 2010.

1. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Installing an 8' Pro Plus on a 2500HD Duramax ('07 Classic, Old Body Style). I am right at 16" at the top of the Ultramount receiver when loaded with ballast, which puts me right at the Configuration 2/3 break point. Would there be a benefit to going with one config or the either in terms of stacking, ground clearance or other factors? Thanks.
  2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes there would be advantages, one would give more ground clearance while the other would give more stacking I believe? You can always reconfigure and try both. It's not that hard.
  3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

See what works the best you are shooting to have the aframe level with the ground. This will give you the most like of your cutting edge. Thats why western wnet this way, you can have max. ground clearence in the summer by having the mount agaist the frame and adjusting the plow for the truck. Instead of dropping the nount down to accomodate the plow.
  4. captadamnj

captadamnj Senior Member

Went with config 2 figuring having the lower lift frame a little lower would probably be easier for mounting. Since config 2 uses the lower of the holes on the pivot plate, looks like I will actually have a little more ground clearance than config 3 would have. Lots of room between the a-frame and the upper bar of the lower lift frame so stacking shouldn't be a problem.

Mounts like a dream!

Thanks for the replies.