1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

which computer?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by spire-32, Apr 20, 2003.

1. spire-32

spire-32 Junior Member

i am looking for anyones input on the three computers that i find (mopar performance, the hypertech programmer III, or the superchips) which is the best one? or are there better ones out there?
    i am not to concerned about the price seeing that they are all pretty close. i just want the best one.
    any response is greatly appreciated.

2. snowflake

snowflake Member

im goin with the super chip for my truck alll the research that i had done found superchips to be the best. seem to have the most all around performance from idle to full throttle.

3. AtlasFBG2

AtlasFBG2 Member
    from Ohio

I had the Hypertech programmer but ended up geting rid of it.Seemed like the more you drove the computer would relearn and lose the power gains.Unhook the battery to reset it and the power would be back.

4. rottie

rottie Junior Member

Rottie here. Try "jet" performance chips. They are installed inside the computor. It will run you about 100$ dollars or so. You are going to have to get the # off of your existing E.C.U. before you call to order it. You may also want to remove the cover from the computor, and make sure the jetting chip is a "ribbon cable" fit, and not soldered. If it is you can send the computor to the manufacturer of the chip, and they will solder it on for dirt cheep. The chip will guarantee you better performance throughout the rpm band. Know all of your mods before calling, because all chips are custom built for each application. My buddy put one in a 2001 Dodge with a 5.9. I drove 2 new Dodges, and the stock one was no comparison to one with a aftermarket chip, intake, and exhaust. :cool: