1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which cab roof lights?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by padec21, Sep 19, 2010.

1. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

My 20001 F250 Lariat doesnt have them but I want them. Should I get OEM lights or aftermarket? I like the look of the smoke colored ones but dont think I can get them in OEM. DO the aftermarket ones leak? Do they come with a template for mounting so they are spaced evenly? Is there wiring in my roof for them or do I have to run wires? Any help would be greatly appreciated?
  2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

There may not be wiring in the roof yet, but I've seen kits online (don't remember where though) that offer averything you need to do the retro-fit. The OEM is probab;y the best chance for a leak-free install - and the smoked covers can be found cheap online after-the fact.
  3. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

I just used nightshades on mine, it took about 2 hours
  4. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

My paint guy sprayed mine, as well as my mirror lenses. Looks great blacked out.
  5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i put the recon cab lights on my dodge. they look good and i re-used the factory gaskets so i dont think i will have any leaks in the future. i think you can buy the whole kit from recon even if you dont have factory lights. im pretty sure they come with a template.
  6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I have a Lund Moon Visor or whatever it's called factory installed on mine. It has the 5 clearance lights pre-installed, and all you have to do is run a wire down the windshield weatherstripping and splice it in.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Just installed recons on the truck...truck did not come with lights so I had to wire.

They did NOT come with a template...but measuring and drilling was the easy part..the part that sucked was wiring with that stupid headliner.