1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Which Boss plow for 3500 dually?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rich414, Oct 18, 2011.

1. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

The only plow dealer in town that I trust is the Boss dealer. So decision is made, its a Boss plow.
    Which model plow do I buy?
    Cost of the plow not a issue, yet.
    The plow is going on a Chevy 4x 3500 dually, it will be used on an asphalt subdivision road, 4 miles long, 32 switchbacks, 22 feet wide, 2000 foot elevation change, no driveways. Over the last 4 years I have used a s300 bobcat..
    we can get a total of 10-16 feet of snow a season, one fall can leave up to 2 feet..
    During the day we will plow at 4-6" at night let it pile up and plow in the morning.
    Next question, does anything need to be done to the front suspension of the truck?
    Thanks

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

What does your dealer suggest?

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

9 or 9.5 vxt

4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

With that much snow you will want a VXT. It will make a huge difference when handle that much snow. You'll want to rubber flap over the front of the plow as you will want to plow with speed to throw the snow as much as you can. Also A set of wing will be nice. But I would take them off when widening the road as that might be a bit too much pressure on them.

9.2 vxt wings.

Only other thing to think about is the ten foot v. But I don't think they make that as a XT which will be your saving grace with the amount of snow you get so I am still putting my vote in for a 9.2 vxt.

5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

what front end do you have??

6. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

Help me here, I believe you are asking the weight spec on the front end? the door jam says 4800lbs, also I did install leveling keys.

7. SNOMACHINE

SNOMACHINE Senior Member

9-2 VXT, If its a diesel i recommend installing timbren's on the front. It helps with the added weight of a plow and diesel engine.

Good Luck!!wesport

8. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

yes its a diesel

9. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

i would go with the 9'2" vxt for the tall sides like they said. last year we had unheard of record snow with several storms over 20" and one with 30". i dont know how i would have done all the work with a straight/flat blade. we were running 2 meyer 8.5' straight and one 8'2" vxt last year. i bougth a second vxt this year. they are great plows, quick, powerful, and the tall sides help limit the snow that falls back down in at the edge of the road. i was twice as fast as the 2 straigth blade trucks. we do mostly residential though